This gazpacho soup is a very tasty, fast, no cook gazpacho which is made in a blender. Eggplant, when marinated in lime juice, can be served raw and provides a rich flavor that is not bitter when combined with other ingredients like sweet red peppers and garlic. You can marinade the eggplant hours in advance - even overnight. The versatile dish also works very well as a spread over gluten-free toasts and flat-breads. It serves well at gatherings with zucchini slices served as dippers.
- 1 small eggplant
- 2 limes
- 1 - 2 clove garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- Minced hot pepper to taste
- At least 30 minutes ahead of time, thin slice eggplant and marinate in the juice of 2 limes, tossing occasionally.
- Peel and crush garlic cloves. Fine chop. Set aside*
- Cut of the stem top of red pepper and remove the seeds. Fine chop. Add to a Ninja or other power blender.
- Chop dates. Add to blender.
- Add eggplant including lime juice.
- Add hot pepper to taste.
- Blend on high until smooth, but slightly chunky.
- Serve immediately.
*Crushing and preparing garlic at least 11-15 minutes ahead of time allows for the release of antioxidant benefits of allicin which is thought to be a strong medicine against many ailments including cancer. Allicin does not occur in "ordinary" garlic, it is produced when garlic is finely chopped or crushed and allowed to oxidize by air (which also quickly degrades it). This should be a regular practice for preparing garlic.
©2017 This recipe was created in Guatemala.
All of the food and equipment links that appear in this menu will take you to Amazon.com where I have carefully selected ingredients that I think are the best value for the price (and most are products I have used before). By shopping on Amazon, you will help support this blog and allow me to bring you more recipes. You will not be charged any extra fees! Thanks in advance for your support.
Better yet, please donate to my project! 🙂